Hotel packages for “GRANFONDO DEL PO” by Link Tours
Ferrara, the Renaissance World Heritage Site placed in the middle of the Padana plains between Emilia and Veneto regions, is waiting for you. Ferrara is a treasure chest of architectural masterpieces and medieval streets, all of which create a magical atmosphere. All of the historical landmarks are also waiting for you: the majestic Estense Castle surrounding by one of last remaining moats in Europe; the splendid Cathedral; the Ariostea square, where the historic Palio of Ferrara is held; the “Palazzo dei Diamanti” (the Diamond palace,) home of important art exhibitions; and the grandiose medieval walls which frame the start and the end of the Granfondo race.
The “Granfondo del Po” is an occasion for the people of Ferrara to introduce to you our city and our region. We have an itinerary for the entire family.
Saturday February 29
Arrival in Ferrara and registration at the welcome desk. Check-in to the selected hotel. Entertainment program in the historical center of Ferrara.
– 09:00 AM Road safety class for the young cyclists in collaboration with the State Police. Directly from “Giro d’Italia” the Blue Bus of State police will be in Ferrara! It’s a traveling multimedia classroom school where the Traffic Cops become “Masters of security “for the youngest. Theme Games, movies and cartoons to let childre lean street rules while playing. Road safety education playes will be organized also with the Municipal Police. In the arena “Estense”, a path “gymkhana MTB” will be set up in collaboration with the Molinella Cycling Association where children can bike through obstacles and skittles.
– 10:15 AM In memory of the first chronometer inserted in the Giro d’Italia of 1933, which included the arrival in Ferrara, will be organized a chrono-catwalk reminiscent that will involve the participants, who will ride bicycles and vintage clothing from the Castle Estense to head towards Piazza Trento and Trieste
– 11:00 AM Departure of the historic bike race “La Furiosa”
Sunday March 1
Breakfast in the hotel. Everyone will gather at the starting line for the race, both those who will be pedaling and those who will be cheering. Winning is not important, but rather being able to admire the unique scene that unfolds before your eyes. Therefore, we recommend that you raise your eyes and enjoy a particular Granfondo. Even if you aren’t participating, don’t think that you will get out of pedaling! After the start of the race, the town of Ferrara, the city of bicyles, will be waiting for you! Your bicycle awaits you along with a guide who will accompany you through the city while explaining the history of all of the monuments. For the smaller children, the adult bicycles will be equipped with a child’s seat, whereas there will be a child’s bicycle for the older children. You will then return to the race area where there will be some refreshments, and then you will go to lunch with “your champions” who have just finished the race.
The quoted rate includes the following services:
– Overnight stay in room with private bathroom
– Breakfast on Sunday, March 1st, starting at 07.00 AM
– Access to the red grid
– Concession of a discounted Granfondo del Po fee at the SPECIAL PRICE of € 25 (when booking use GDPHTL20 coupon code)
– €10 discount on your registration to the “La Furiosa” packet (FURIOSAHTL20 coupon code)
– For non-competing guests, a guided tour of the town
|Package of 1 night||Price per person in single room||Price per person in double/twin room||Price per person in triple room||Price for FAMILY|
2 ad. + 1 chd (2/12 years old)
|Price for FAMILY PACKAGE 2
2 ad. + 2 children
(2/12 years old)
|Hotel Palace Inn |
|€ 70||€ 38||€ 36||€ to be advised||€ to be advised|
|Hotel Carlton |
3* sup. central
|€ 92||€ 53||€ 40||€ (*)||€ (*)|
(*) HOTEL CARLTON: Family package 1 : the child sharing adult bed / Family Package 2: 1 child sharing adult bed, 2nd child has an extra bed